A small part of my gallery, featuring among others: graphic fine art and drawn works, Narcosis the Cat -cardboard stand, pastel painting Fire Sprite in the Room of the Forest (to the upper right), Anthology art book, Chuck out of the Box toy sculpture and Wooden Telephone Surfer (to the bottom right).
- A Scream for Munchies (We’re Out of Munchies!) | Munkin huutaja (munkit on loppu!) (2009). Pencil drawing, 15×17 cm. A picture from the upcoming comic book story “Narcosis the Cat 2: Flapsticks in the Museum of Modern Art’s History”.
- Making of A Scream for Munchies.
- A Scream for Munchies (We’re Out of Munchies!) (2012), pastel on paper, 29×42 cm.
In honor of Edward Munch‘s The Scream (1893–1910). Inspired by news on one of the paintings (or pastels) being sold on Sotheby’s on May 2nd 2012 in New York. Here’s my interpretation of the artwork with wacky Flapsticks-characters (get to know them here!). Enjoy!
- There is a back story to Munch’s The Scream, and so is for this pastiche: “One evening Chuck out of the Box came back from the market while on the bridge of time and passages his spinal cord (= spring) suddenly started to tremble as the red sunset followed before him… He forgot to buy munchies!! And the store now already closed was…” [Don’t know why Yoda appeared as the story teller at the end there but oh well…]
- A pastiche starring Chuck out of the Box. Can you also spot Totti the Total Totem, Dumdow the Angry Triangle, and The Bermuda Triangle? [ANSWER: Totti – silhouette walking at the bridge, Dumdow – at the boat in the lake, Bermuda – next to Dumdow.]