Sprite of Spring or the Springbringer or Calÿaja (in my fictional language) is one of my most important beings and characters. It represents life and rebirth in the world of Springbringer. It fell from space as a seed and landed on a pond of swans one ancient evening “3000 suns ago” and began to sprout.
I saw the Sprite in my dream on December 2002 (the comic book image where the sprite and the swan meet). I woke up and drew it so I could remember it.
Here are various manifestations of this fragile beautiful flower-like being of light:
- an etching aquatint: A Garden of Stars (2009), 11×25 cm
- a digital work made from a water color painting (2009), used as a poster for the Springbringer film
- a color pencil drawing (2011), 10×15 cm
- a clay statue (2007), 21x17x15 cm
- comic book pages where the Sprite meets Qwaidun the swan (2002-09)